SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis guidance and help to individuals experiencing psychological stress pertaining to normal or human-caused catastrophes.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is really a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, nationwide hotline specialized in supplying immediate crisis counseling for folks who are experiencing psychological stress associated with any normal or human-caused tragedy. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis help service can be obtained to all the residents in the usa as well as its regions. Stress, anxiety, as well as other depression-like symptoms are common responses after an emergency. Phone 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 in order to connect with a tuned crisis therapist.
The tragedy Distress Helpline sets individuals in need of counseling on the path to recovery. Our personnel offer guidance and help before, during, and after disasters and refer people to neighborhood resources that are disaster-related follow-up care and help. Since its launch in February 2012, the catastrophe Distress Helpline has furnished guidance and help in reaction to catastrophes such as for instance Hurricane Sandy, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Ebola outbreak, as well as the Coronavirus pandemic.
The tragedy Distress Helpline is staffed by trained counselors from a community of crisis call facilities situated throughout the united states of america. These counselors offer:
- Crisis guidance for folks in psychological stress linked to any normal or human-caused tragedy
- Information about how to identify stress as well as its results on people and families
- Methods for healthy coping
- Recommendations to crisis that is local facilities for extra follow-up care and help
Whenever you call or text, crisis counselors will listen to what’s on patience and without judgment to your mind. You don’t have to give any distinguishing information whenever you contact the tragedy Distress Helpline. The therapist may ask you for a few fundamental information at the conclusion of this phone call, however these concerns are optional and therefore are designed to assist SAMHSA keep an eye on the kinds of phone phone telephone calls it receives.
Whom Should Contact the Catastrophe Distress Helpline?
This crisis help solution is for anybody experiencing psychological stress associated to catastrophes such as for example:
The tragedy Distress Helpline also answers telephone phone calls and texts associated with infectious illness outbreaks (PDF | 545 KB), including the Coronavirus pandemic, incidents of community unrest, as well as other terrible activities.
The effect of crises may influence individuals in numerous means. Discover ways to recognize the indicators and danger facets for emotional stress pertaining to normal and disasters that are human-caused.
The tragedy Distress Helpline is ready to accept everyone else. This consists of survivors of catastrophes; family members of victims; very first responders; rescue, data data recovery, and relief workers; clergy; and parents and caregivers. You may phone on your own or with respect to somebody else.
Call or Text
Through the united states of america as well as its regions, call 1-800-985-5990 for connecting with a crisis that is trained, 24/7. Spanish-speakers can phone the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 support that is bilingual.
Callers into the hotline also can relate solely to counselors in over 100 other languages via 3rd-party interpretation solutions; in order to connect by having a therapist in most of your language, just indicate your preferred language to your responding counselor and she/he will hook up to a live interpreter (interpretation in less commonly-spoken languages may need calling straight right back at an appointed time). Discover more and down load information regarding the catastrophe Distress Helpline in 30 of the very languages that are commonly-spoken the U.S.
In order to connect with a live ddh crisis therapist 24/7 via SMS, through the 50 states text “TalkWithUs” for English or “Hablanos” for Spanish to 66746. Spanish-speakers from Puerto Rico can text “Hablanos” to 1-787-339-2663.
Texting is subscription-based and just involves a steps that are few
- Sign up for the ongoing solution by texting TalkWithUs or Hablanos just as written. It’s important to get this done before sending your text that is first message otherwise the enrollment may fail, and you’ll never be in a position to talk to a therapist, or perhaps you may unintentionally contribute to another solution.
- Seek out verification that the registration ended up being effective. You will be given a Success! Message if it had been.
- To unsubscribe, text Stop or Unsubscribe to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico) whenever you want. For assistance, text assist to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico).
Standard text and information message prices will use whenever texting from smart phones. Global text and information rates may use from within U.S. Regions and association that is free. SAMHSA will likely not sell your cell phone numbers with other events.
The tragedy Distress Helpline’s TTY number 1-800-846-8517 is available 24/7 to Deaf and difficult of hearing people, who are able to additionally make use of the texting choices or their preferred Relay solution (including 7-1-1) in order to connect utilizing the primary DDH hotline 1-800-985-5990, 24/7.
For other reasons, send an email if you’re not in immediate need of crisis counseling support and would like to contact us. Call us for:
- Technical issues. In the event that you wish to receive a reply if you encountered a technical problem while trying to contact the Disaster Distress Helpline, please include your name and preferred contact information in your email.
- Provider inquiries. Providers with certain inquiries about technical help and support, demands for materials, and collaborations that are exploring motivated to deliver a contact.
- Feedback. To supply feedback regarding the experience reaching out to your tragedy Distress Helpline, deliver a contact explaining your experience and SAMHSA will appear to the matter. Please consist of your name and preferred contact information if you want to get an answer.
- Social networking inquiries. E-mail us with questions regarding the Disaster Distress Helpline’s utilization of social media marketing.
- All news inquiries. Users of the media with questions regarding the tragedy Distress Helpline ought to call the SAMHSA Media Services Team at 1-240-276-2130.
Our staff appreciate hearing from individuals about their experiences. SAMHSA takes feedback about our services, if it is negative or positive, extremely really.
SAMHSA additionally encourages general public advertising of this catastrophe Distress Helpline. Anybody can make use of the catastrophe Distress Helpline logo design and phone number on their internet site and link to the tragedy Distress Helpline’s materials and social media marketing properties.
Phone 211 for information regarding disaster-related evacuations, shelters, clothing and food circulation, volunteer possibilities, as well as other resources and referrals. Or go to the nationwide 211 Call Center Search internet site to find the 211 information and center that is referral you.